Cabot Corporation Details Sustainability Progress in 2023 Sustainability Report
Furthers Sustainability Strategy with Enhanced ESG Governance Structure
Notable key achievements from the report include:
- Achieved nitrogen oxides (NOX) emissions goal to reduce NOX intensity by 50% by investing in air pollution control technology and energy recovery systems
- Exceeded the 2025 energy ratio target of 200% by achieving 214% in 2022 through energy efficiency improvements and investing in energy recovery systems
- Enabled the company’s energy customers to avoid approximately 497,000 MT of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by converting waste heat into useful energy at 13 of its manufacturing facilities across its global network
- Achieved waste reduction goal and decreased total waste disposal by 57% from the 2019 baseline due to a reduction in production of off-quality products, an increase in beneficial use and reduction in waste generated
- Conducted a life cycle assessment for its engineered elastomer composites (E2C®) solutions, which demonstrates that GHG emissions are reduced by employing E2C solutions
- Secured 100% site participation in community engagement activities across its global network
The Cabot Corporation Foundationcommitted $250,000of which $180,000has been donated to date to support Ukrainehumanitarian efforts
$319 millionin 2022 which enabled the company to exceed its 2025 goal to invest $1 billionin capital and technology
“As we continued to navigate a challenging global environment, the importance of our ‘Creating for Tomorrow’ strategy and focus on sustainability has become even more prominent in our daily activities,” said
Additionally, as part of its efforts to further advance its sustainability strategy, Cabot enhanced its governance practices for environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) matters by establishing a formal governance structure managed by an
“Our new ESG governance structure helps advance our sustainability agenda and will play a critical role in ensuring that we are continuing to make the necessary progress to achieving our longer-term sustainability goals, net zero ambition and vision for enabling a more sustainable future,” said Martin O’Neill, senior vice president and chief sustainability officer.
Cabot has received several accolades for its sustainability efforts including a platinum rating from
For more information about Cabot’s sustainability progress and to view the full 2023 Sustainability Report, visit cabotcorp.com/sustainability.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in the press release regarding Cabot's business that are not historical facts are forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K.